Part 1: Lay Out
There are seven main screens in the Class Cards app:
Selected Student Screen
#1 Class Screen
- List of classes you've created.
- Date class was last used.
- RANDOM: displays the names of the students in the class you selected in random order.
- SELECT: allows you to choose a student from the class you selected.
- SCORES: if you've selected a class, you'll see the scores for the students in the class. If you haven't selected a class, you'll see three buttons: Reset Scores, Export Scores, and Email Scores.
- Edit: if you've selected a class, you'll see the class roster so that you can edit student information. If you haven't selected a class, you'll see three buttons: Delete Class, Create New Class, and Duplicate Class.
- Info: displays a list of links: Mobile-friendly User Guide; How to Import a Class List; ClassCardsApp.com; NewManagement.com; Rate Class Cards; and Email Rick.
#2 Roster Screen
- Name of class.
- Back: returns you to Class Screen.
- Add: allows you to add a new student.
- List of students. Tapping a name will allow you to edit the information or delete the student from the list.
- Students are listed in the order you choose in the Setting Screen. However, you can toggle between first name order and last name order with these two buttons.
#3 Random Screen
- Name of class.
- Name of last student called upon and the score given. (Debbie Massa A)
- Allows you to change the score for the previous student.
- Top Box: name of student to call upon.
- A/B/C/D: letter grades used for subjective, open-ended questions (opinion; analysis; synthesis; evaluation, etc.)
- PLUS/MINUS: score buttons for objective questions (yes/no; true/false; multiple choice; fill-in-the-blank)
- Next Queue: the next four students to be called upon.
- Hold Queue: students who had asked for more time when called upon.
- NR: no response from student called upon.
- SELECT: allows you to choose a student to call upon from the Roster Screen.
- PASS: allows you to skip a student. Can also be used to call upon students without scoring their responses.
#4 Selected Student Screen
- Cancel: returns you to Roster Screen.
- Student you selected.
- Student's current score information.
#5 Score Screen
- Cancel: returns you to previous screen.
- Quality of responses as a percentage.
- Number of response opportunities.
- SORT BY SCORE: sorts students by their percentage from high score to low.
#6 Privacy Screen
- Name of student.
- ST: student's response percentage.
- CL: class average.
- RANK: student's rank in the class.
- Student's scores by category.
- HOLD: number of times student asked for more time to respond.
- PASS: number of times you skipped the student.
- Record: allows you to date stamp your interaction with the student.
- OK: dismisses screen and returns you to the Score Screen.
#7 Info Screen
A reminder that the app settings can be found in the General Settings screen, five browser links, and a quick way to email me.
Next Up: Part 2 - Settings
Back to top
Return to Mobile Home Page